Thursday, April 28, 2011

step away from the salad

why is this moment always so hard for me? i got a salad for lunch today and i knew from the beginning that i wouldn't be able to eat the whole thing. i just don't eat the whole thing in my new life. in this case, it's not about calories but about volume -- i'm not supposed to eat more than 5 ounces of anything at once because it will stretch my pouch, and a salad that's more than just lettuce weighs way more than that.

a salad is one of those foods that i feel expanding in my stomach as i eat it, and so by this point in the salad, it's my body telling me i'm done. it's over. kitchen's closed. but i feel this driving pull to keep eating...i'm enjoying it, it's MINE and i don't want it to end.

i closed the salad and will put it away for later. a victory, but i still don't know why it's so hard. i guess it's not one easy answer and it's clearly not just about the size of my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...