Friday, June 10, 2011

at a scalemate

for the first time in this process, i'm frustrated with the scale. it hasn't moved in about 2 weeks. on some level, i know my body has to catch up with a 125 pound weight loss in 8 months, and on another level, i know that my 2 week exercise hiatus is over. over. done. later. goodbye. i think it started as a "i have a crazy week and i need to take it easy because my body is tired" and then just turned into a bad habit. like they've always said, they fix your stomach but they don't touch your mind.

to mix things up, i'm going to try a 7 day free trial at this gym. god i hate exercising. i want to be one of those people who falls in love with it...positive addiction. mitchell and tried to do the poor man's p90x but it was honestly too intense for me. it made me dread working out, so i've been trying to do my own cocktail of cardio and weights but it's not working. which is to say, i'm not doing it enough. 

i don't have to like it, i just have to do it. i know, without a doubt, that it's the true key to long term success - for everyone, but especially for WLS patients.  to ensure that i make this a true habit (which, i realize, without doing that, i'll never even have the chance to get addicted to it), i'm going to check in here EVERY DAY with what exercise i've done. accountability. oy. 

HIATUS IS OVER.

2 comments:

  1. I figured out that I hated exercise (and often still do) because I never seem to stick with it. Starting out is the worst part, and I felt like I was ALWAYS starting out. But, finally I have stuck with it for a few months, and now it seems pretty natural to exercise. Part of my routine is to dress in my workout clothes to go to class (or I'll find an excuse not to go), but the feeling that I have afterward is worth all of the daily talking myself into going that it takes.

    Keep up the great work - you are amazing!

    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much Aimee, and I think that's a really important point you're making. It's totally true that I have not stuck with any one routine long enough to really get into it. Thanks for the tip and the concise way of seeing it...I do feel like I'm always starting out and I agree that that is a big part of the turn-off.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...