Monday, June 13, 2011

gym update

okay, so...as i said i would, i am checking in about my gym progress. 

saturday
i dragged myself there saturday morning, valet parked, got my free trial validated, took a tour of the large, impressive gym and did 15 minutes on the treadmill. the idea is that i'm easing (but quickly) into doing 25.

sunday
realllllly didn't want to go. if i hadn't told you i'd report about my progress, i probably wouldn't have gone. it was guilt that dragged me there, 100 percent. my plan was to go and do weights (they have a very large circuit) and then go for a powerwalk outside once i got home. i needed to think i wouldn't have to do cardio there too, otherwise i wouldn't have gone. as my mom said "this is the hard work." and hard it is. it depressed me all day that i had to go. i know one solution is to go first thing in the morning but i couldn't bring myself to leave the house if that's where i was going first. i don't think i realized quite how much i hated it until yeserday.

i went, i did the whole circuit, writing down all my weights and number of reps so i have something to build on. it wasn't so bad. then i figured i was there already so i got on the treadmill and did 17 minutes, continuing to work up to 25. i felt really good leaving.

monday
went for a 25 minute powerwalk outside this morning at 5:45. everything aches with soreness, but i feel really good about it.

1 comment:

  1. Carla,
    If you're really serious about getting fit rather than the thin and beautiful women you will soon be, you NEED TO GET A PERSONAL TRAINER. Someone you like that'll make you do the work but will also be someone that you can talk to, laugh with, etc. I do it 3X a wk and it is worth every single penny. Trust me sweetie pie - it'll change your life and you'll stop dreading it.

    BTW being thin and out of shape is often called "skinny fat", how ironic!

    Do it, girl.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...