Wednesday, July 13, 2011

9 month surgiversary

today is my 9 month surgiversary and i'm feeling great. here were some milestones from my checkup yesterday. 

-blood pressure - 136 over 83
-my pulse was 56 - an "athletic pulse" - WHAT?
-27 lbs down from my last checkup at 6 months putting me at 135 down total
-dr. b and sophie (PA) said i'm doing "phenomenally" (love that word). it was the first time dr. b seemed impressed with me :) it's hard for him to be impressed because this is what he does every day. his happiness made me very proud.

sophie said how glad she was to hear me talking about the behavior and my awareness of different trigger foods,etc. she said "i know you know this, but i want you to hear me say it...this is what is going to get you to your target weight and keep you there." i do know it, but it was important to hear her say it. it made me feel like i can trust myself that i will get there and stay there. it's scary to trust myself that way.

also to note, my plateau has ended and i've lost another 10 lbs. OBVIOUSLY the gym. DAMMIT.

i was really glad that even with my almost month-long plateau, my weight loss for the three month period since my last checkup was exactly on target for this point in the game, so i made up for the plateau in the other two months.

life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...