Tuesday, November 2, 2010

this much

the strangest thing happened the day before i was set to start eating soft foods...my mind did me a favor and flipped to a new way of seeing portions. as i roamed the aisles of the supermarket reading labels and analyzing packages for my new eating life, i was struck by how enormous the serving sizes looked to me. and i was equally struck by how only a couple months ago, i would have thought they were too small for me.

3 ounces of food doesn't look so small to me. it looks like a lot, actually. as dr. b emphatically tells me not to eat more than the size of the palm of my hand at one time, i think that seems like a lot. and i have small hands!

i guess this is all telling of my most serious problem to date, which is that i am not getting up to the 850-900 calories a day i need...waiting on some guidance from the message boards and doctor on that, and then the nutrish.

in regards to portion size, i am hopeful that because i can only eat this much, food will only be this much a part of my life.

kind of funny:

images from mount nittany and marc wellness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...