Tuesday, November 2, 2010

do i stay or do i go

not sure about weight watchers for me right now. when i first decided to go ahead with the surgery, one of my biggest pains and fears was that i might have to let go of weight watchers, which had become such a constant in my life. i was so relieved to know i could stay if i wanted to, and that my leader patty, always a source of strength and inspiration, would welcome my presence there even though i was going a different route.

i went to my regular meeting today for the first time in a couple months. between the liquid diet and pre-op appointments, then the surgery and recovery and some family obligations, i hadn't been back. although it was nice to be back and see familiar faces and soak in all the support, i'm not sure if it's the right place for me anymore. i'm not sure if my head is in a place that's similar to anyone there anymore. i wish the bariatric support group met more often, and although my original thinking was that maybe the weight watchers weekly meeting could fill in, i'm not so sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...