Friday, November 5, 2010

blue jeans, baby

i'm wearing jeans for the first time in three years today. feels pretty good. i think it draws my attention to how i feel smaller this week...like i take up less space. people aren't leaving the seat next to me on the train empty...they're sitting in it. they aren't moving out of a doorway to let me through anymore. feels good.

some other small victories that feel pretty big...

my engagement ring almost falls off when my hands are cold or wet and turns to the side all the time now.

i've already had to set aside a few pairs of pants that are too big to wear anymore.

i can wear regular flat shoes without excrutiating foot and knee pain.

i can wear the sunglasses i bought last summer that looked too small on my face then.

i can wear the winter coat i bought at an end-of-season sale three years ago and didn't fit into the next winter.

i don't find myself looking forward to meals. wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...